Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi login issue @Changi or @WirelessSG

Hi,

I am frequently at Changi airport. The airport offers free Wifi internet and also WirelessSG, a city-wide wireless network, is available here. The issue is that I cannot access both wireless networks. As soon as I connect with my Macbook Air to either the Changi Wifi or WirelessSG a login screen appears. The login screen remains blank. At the bottom of the screen "www.apple.com" is mentioned. Reloading the page does not help. I do not have this issue with the free wifi at the airport in Jakarta (terminal 3) or Kuala Lumpur (LCCT).

Anybody an idea why the login screen does not appear?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 16, 2012 10:16 PM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2014 3:04 AM in response to AmericanFillie

I faced the same issue here today. This is most likely to do with the DNS you have set. (If you open a new browser session, you will note that it will not be able to resolve the host name: web-cp01.wifi.changiairport.com. A simple ping from terminal will confirm this).

Here's what you need to do:

1. Open "Open Network Preference"
  2. Under WiFi, click on "Advanced"
  3. This will bring up the WiFi configuration page, click on the DNS tab
  4. Presumably at this point, you have other DNS set - either your office's internal DNS, or even Google's DNS (8.8.8.8)
  5. You do not need to delete any existing DNS entries. However, you will need to manually add Changi airport's network DNS (10.29.44.4 and 10.29.44.2)
  6. Once you have added these DNS, you will need to drag it to be the top most entry.

You should be able to login successfully to the WiFi (you should be redirected to this page: https://web-cp01.wifi.changiairport.com/cp/mobileno.cag) where you will be prompted to enter your mobile number to receive the authentication code.

Hope this helps!

Wifi login issue @Changi or @WirelessSG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.