Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessaging

I was using my iPad to iMessage earlier and now when I iMessage that same person from my phone is keeps coming up on my iPad and when my message shows up on the recipients phone it Is my apple ID and not my contact name

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 16, 2012 9:23 PM

2 replies

May 16, 2012 9:38 PM in response to Jennfromhesperia

Are you continuing the same message conversation with this person that you started on your iPad (which would have been identified with your Apple ID)? If so, you will need to start a new conversation with this person from your phone for it to be identified with your phone number (and since the recipient has your phone number in his/her contacts it will be identified by your name).

Jan 8, 2013 2:37 PM in response to Jennfromhesperia

I have the same problem. When sending messages from my MB Air the majority of the time they get truncated losing the last one or last few words. On the MB Air the messages appear with all the text, but those who have received the messages say they are being truncated. I can confirm this to be the case as when the messages are sync'd to my iOS devices they are also truncated. Sending messages from iOS works fine, so it seems to be an OS X issue.

Imessaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.