Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot set my Akai EIE PRO as default

Hello I've recently bought the Akai EIE Pro as an external sound sound card, but I've had some problems with it.

When I work in logic it automatically switches to the EIE Pro and I can work with my monitor speakers. But when I try to listen to music in itunes it doesn't reconize my EIE Pro and it will switch automatically to the internal speakers.

Things I've tried to solve this problem so far

- I've reset my permission settings.

- I've deleted the driver for this program and installed the one most up to date. I've deleted it using the uninstall included on the cd and by going into my library

Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > MIDI Drivers

Macintosh HD > Users > [Your User Name] > Library > Audio > MIDI Drivers

- I've used snoize's midi monitor to see if it even received midi signals and it did and it works within logic so there should be no problem there.

- I've restarted the mac with the audio interface connected.

- I've tried to setup my EIE Pro as default by using the system preferences > Audio and to put the input/output to the EIE PRO but it simply goes back to the built in devices the moment I click on the EIE.

As you can see I've tried alot of solutions I've found on the internet does anyone of you have a similar problem or does anyone knows how to solve this?

I work on OSX Lion 10.7.4 and all the software I used has been bought so the problem can't be there either.

I hope someone can help me out

Mac OS X (10.7.4), AKAI EIE PRO

Posted on May 17, 2012 1:35 AM

1 reply

I cannot set my Akai EIE PRO as default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.