Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PM G5 mod. 11.2 - will not start up..

Hi!

Once again there is a problem with my PM G5 modell 11.2 (2 GHz). I replaced a broken PSU and put the machine together using the correct Apple Service Manual. When I start the machine I can hear the chime and the grey screen appears with tiny grey map. Inside this map there is a finder icon who is blinking and a questionmark. I have tried reset NVRAM/PRAM without any luck. Strangely I cannot open the superdrive tray from the keyboard so I had to force it open and inserted the OS X 10.5. install disc. Tried again to start up the machine holding down C to start from the istall disc. But no reaction.

I even switced the HD and put a 250 GB HD in top slot to try to install the OS X 10.5. on a "new" HD but the G5 would not react and read the install CD.

Any clue here - what do you think japamac?

Posted on May 17, 2012 2:16 AM

3 replies

May 17, 2012 1:25 PM in response to japamac

Tried all of your suggestions without any progress. By holding down (option) there was a reaction on the screen and I got two new folders one on the right with an arrow pointing to the right and the folder on the left had a arrow in a circle. When I clicked with the mouse on each folders there were no reaction. I had to forcequit the machine every time.

By the way, tried to find your webpage but it was gone.... D you have a new URL-adress?

May 18, 2012 2:17 AM in response to Kaprolat

By holding down (option) there was a reaction on the screen and I got two new folders one on the right with an arrow pointing to the right and the folder on the left had a arrow in a circle.

There should be two icons; one, a right arrow, which when clicked, begins the boot process to the selected volume, and a "refresh" icon, a circular arrow. The refresh icon re-polls the system for bootable volumes.

If you had a bootable hard drive and a bootable disc in the optical drive, there should have been a hard drive icon with your drives name and an OS X disc icon for the optical disc in addition to the two, always present refresh and continue icons.

I had to forcequit the machine every time.

Were there bootable options in the machine at the time?

I take it that Verbose mode didn't work? If not, that is not good.

By the way, tried to find your webpage but it was gone.... D you have a new URL-adress?

It turns out, unbeknownst to me, that my provider was upgrading hardware and failed in their backup server attempt.

Was off line for several hours, but am now live again.... Thanks.

PM G5 mod. 11.2 - will not start up..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.