Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 11-inch or 13-inch

After thinking for very long I decided to go for the 13-inch. However, 11-inch is all the rage and I cant decide now. I have searched different discussions and read all of them but i just cannot decide. It's either the 11-inch 128SSD or the 13-inch base model. Please help me!

Posted on May 17, 2012 1:25 AM

5 replies

May 17, 2012 11:54 AM in response to AppleMacMindfreak

I did the samething and got the 11". I liked the form factor and found no reason to get 13". The upgraded resolution of the 13" renders the font to be the same size as the 11". I tweaked (blocked flash and pop-up ads) in Safari and I'm getting better battery life.

Besides...I can justify the 15" air if I got a personal 11"!!! One can only dream.

May 17, 2012 1:26 PM in response to dwb

dwb wrote:

Stop obsessing over what you've read and find a store that has both so you can use them. You'll either know that one is better than the other after a few minutes of use or you'll know it doesn't matter so you can base your decision on convenience or pocketbook.

Totally agree! Forget about what is "all the rage." The important thing when buying an Apple computer is to pick the one you fall in love with. The one that not only fulfills your needs (and doesn't break the bank), but feels like your computer. And you can't do that unless you go to a store and play on both.

I happen to have the 11"--which I adore and love. I got it for three reasons: (1) I didn't need more 128gb of disk space for all my music, photos, programs, etc. (By the way, if you order online you can up that to 256gb). (2) I walk a lot and haul my computer around with me everywhere. The lightest, slimest computer was going to serve me best in that regard, less weight to haul, also a small bag. (3) It was for me! I like small, compact devices.

But I can't tell you how many posts I've read from 13" owners who got the 11" and found it the screen too small and limiting and so returned it for the larger size. It is small and limiting. And many of these people don't haul their computer around as much and so don't need the smallest and lightest. Many are business people who need a larger screen so they can show off more to clients, and such.

You can't know if you will love the 11" for it's smallness, of if that smallness will drive you bonkers unless you see it up-close and personal and in comparison to the 13" which, by the way, is equally beautiful and sleek. So listen to dwb: go to a store and see which one is right for you.

Macbook Air 11-inch or 13-inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.