Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the purpose of using Spaces. How will it make life easier? Seems you can just open the applications you want and minimize them.

I don't understand how spaces can make life easier?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 17, 2012 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2012 6:55 AM

like many things, spaces is an option and you decide between using spaces, the dock

or window switching (alt tab) each have pros and cons

you can open applications, files, folders or drives in different spaces at the same time and

then switch between them using the commands:

control 2 for space 2

control 8 for space 8

You can have up to four rows and four columns

more info here: spaces

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2012 6:55 AM in response to Sabre's Dad

like many things, spaces is an option and you decide between using spaces, the dock

or window switching (alt tab) each have pros and cons

you can open applications, files, folders or drives in different spaces at the same time and

then switch between them using the commands:

control 2 for space 2

control 8 for space 8

You can have up to four rows and four columns

more info here: spaces

May 17, 2012 11:29 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for the candid answer. At this stage of my life, I am not typically working on multiple projects at one time. My sense, since reading the other post plus some on line info, is that you can just "sweep" everything related to one topic (work project etc) into one Space and it doesn't get co-mingled with other projects.

I am following the directions and I don't see the links they mention. can't even find how to set it up. Enough said, I know what it is and don't need to dig deeper. On to the next stumbling block I am sure.

What is the purpose of using Spaces. How will it make life easier? Seems you can just open the applications you want and minimize them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.