Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Video Sound Issue

I've followed the step to add video to a Keynote presentation, however the sound did not come into the presentation. Sound does play outside of Keynote, so am I missing a step or what suggestions are out there..?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 17, 2012 7:03 AM

3 replies

May 17, 2012 12:21 PM in response to bwfromspring hill

My apologoes for the lack of detail! I am building a Keynote presentation on an IPad2 w/5.1.1 and imported the videos into the camera role through ITunes and they are in a MP4 file format. On the IPad, the videos will play with sound through the Photo app, but the sound will not import into the Keynote presentation.

As for the steps in the Keynot app, I followed the instructions in tutorials... Tapping the + button, locating the video, then tapping to use the video in the presentatoin. I hope this is just a setting... Suggestions?

May 17, 2012 2:52 PM in response to Gary37320

Gary,

You've done what was asked of you, but it is a mystery is why the audio portion of your video is not carrying over to Keynote. There are no setting to tweak, no volume controls to change - if it sounds right in the Photo app it should also sound right in Keynote.

How are you importing through iTunes? Are these stand alone videos or did you place them in iPhoto first (on your Mac)?

At this point I can only suggest you try a few things:

If you have Keynote on a Mac, try placing the video on a slide on your Mac and play it to see if it sounds in Keynote - there are volume controls on the OSX version of Keynote that are not available on your iOS device so you can check that the volume is all the way up. My thinking is that if you imported the new Keynote via iTunes and the video is already embedded (and the volume controls on the movie object (Quicktime Inspector > Volume) is set to play normally on the Mac) then you import via iTunes, all the video attributes should copy over. Then you can open the new keynote and COPY the video and PASTE in your older presentation and try the new version.

If no Keynote on your Mac, if you have iMovie on your iPad and can open the video in iMovie and it plays, you could try exporting a new copy of the video from the iOS iMovie to the Camera Roll and try placing the new version on your slide in iOS Keynote. You do this in iMovie document view (thumbnails & marquee visable) - select the video and Share (icon of box with arrow pointing outwards) > to Camera Roll and try placing the new copy of the video in your Keynote presentation.

Try those and let us know.

Keynote Video Sound Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.