Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB hangs with SDXC imports / USB Drop Outs !!?? / Keyboard dropout

Not sure if any of you have experienced this or have any insight..

I have a MP mid 2010 8-core with 32GB RAM, Sonnet USB 3.0 PCI, ESATA PCI & Intensity Pro PCI / Running latest lion 10.7.4

I have had issues lately with my USB ports (Front USB specifically)..

1. My USB MAC keyboard drops out about 3-4 times daily, I have to unplug it and plug it back in regularly, and sometimes plugging it back into the same port doesn't work.

2. Not all the time, but consistently enough 2 of my USB card readers (Moshi & Trancend) give me failures (stop / eject themselves) and corrupt my batches of footage (5D Mov's) when copying from high speed SDXC Lexar SD cards. However my firewire CF reader never fails.

3. My sonnet USB 3.0 PCI hangs with any SD Card reader including the recommended sonnet CF/SD reader. It is installed in the recommended PCI bay as per manual.

I Have 2 Firewire Powered drives always connected, and 3 internal 7200rpm drives & 240GB OZC 6G SSD running the OS. This is really becoming an issue as I am loosing data and dont know what this could be, someone on apple discussions said I'd need a powered USB hub to resolve my issue, and also stated that my keyboard is drag on the USB power supply. My SDXC cards have the biggest issues, I have noticed other SD cards copy over fine so far..

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.2), MAc Pro 2010 8 Core / Final Cut Pro

Posted on May 17, 2012 7:51 AM

3 replies

USB hangs with SDXC imports / USB Drop Outs !!?? / Keyboard dropout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.