Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i just installed lion os 10.7...

i just installed lion os 10.7...my system still has mobile me and i need icloud. IHow can i switch to icloud? note: I have the iphone 4 and ipad 3 and all software is updated and current.

iMac, iOS 5.1.1, lion so

Posted on May 17, 2012 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2012 12:30 PM

Welcome to the Apple community.

Ensure that your lion install is up-to-date (10.7.4). Lion should include system preference panes for both iCloud and MobileMe. You should be able to migrate from your MobileMe account at Move

6 replies

May 17, 2012 12:54 PM in response to blaqueruestir

blaqueruestir wrote:

I am installing it now. I realized that (just now) that purchasing/downloading it and actually INSTALLING it are two different things. Question is now: once complete, will MobileMe be replaced by icloud?

Message was edited by: blaqueruestir

An iCloud control panel will appear in System Preferences, it will not replace Mobile Me, it will be additional to it. Have you migrated your Mobile Me account yet (go to www.me.com/move), once you have done that you can attach your devices to your iCloud account.

i just installed lion os 10.7...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.