Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does apple make any touch screen laptop computers?

Posted on May 17, 2012 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2012 12:35 PM

No, at least not at this time anyway.

9 replies

May 17, 2012 12:44 PM in response to mchilken

I have no idea what Apple will do. There are companies that adapt Mac computers to touchscreens

http://www.trolltouch.com/ is one company, but I was sure there was another in California but cannot remember their name. OWC at one time was selling MBP's that had been converted to touch screen tablets, but I don't think anyone is doing that now.

Having used a touch screen laptop (HP ?? I think it was) for awhile I was not impressed - no where near as useful as you might think it would be. A good keyboard and trackpad is still a vastly superior working model to my mind.

Apr 17, 2013 2:50 AM in response to mchilken

No but they should. Windows 8 is empowering some cool machines like the Levono Yoga and others.

I love my ipad, but its really a cell phone with a big (ish) screen. No common file operating systems, poor conenctivity (I've resorted to dop box as its the easiest and does not lock me into the cloud) and cut down APs. No USB or wired printer conectivity. Limited storage capacity. Great toy but not a computer.

Power books are heavy bulky and locked into the old world of key board and track pad or mouse.

Give me a flip back PC that I can write on with a stylus and browse interactively and then flip back and type with an integrated or bluetooth or wifi key board. Full common file operating system and capacity.

Splash top is a weak alternative.

I've been loyal to Apple for a very very long time, but.. Apple you are loosing it. The latest Windows 8 touch devices are better.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.