Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Registration code is not unlocking Quick time Pro?

For some reason my registration code is not unlocking quick time pro. I did download Quicktime 7 and entered all fields under registration.

Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 17, 2012 2:14 PM

15 replies

Aug 23, 2017 8:31 AM in response to pjmarkle

Old topic, but in case anyone is reading this, on Mac OS Sierra, after typing in the correct codes, the "Buy Quicktime Pro" button disappeared, indicating that registration was successful, but the registration window didn't close. After closing it, the Pro features were still greyed out. Re-trying gave the same result.

Only after I restarted Quicktime I was able to use the Pro features.

Jun 5, 2012 8:24 AM in response to deanaoxo

and to be clear, having checked everywhere on the forums, where there is great advice, i've copied and pasted from my email, what apple sent me.

The only thing that bothers me, is this is a used computer that we reinstalled my software and new OS in. Is it possible that somehow the system is 'seeing' the old QuickTime Pro?

thanks, this only ever happens when i have time sensitive work to do.

aoxomoxoa

Jun 5, 2012 8:49 AM in response to varjak paw

I double checked everything. and without putting my key here, i followed every tip, suggestion, and hint. I pasted and copied. Made sure i have the right format(mac), my OS is 10.7.4 I down loaded QuickTime 7, but a weird thing did happen when i opened the registration key. User uploaded file popped up. Weird, that is not me, and of course, not the code that i bought.

None the less, when i put my info in, which is carefully copied and pasted from the email apple sent(again, double checking that i have not made the mistake that many others have posted here) I get the same invalid registration.

So, to summerize. I have 10.7.4 I bought a registration key for mac for quicktime pro 7, and i have quicktime 7 installed. I've copied and pasted my name exactly as it is shown in the email(there is no mr. though i even tried that). Nothing.

thanks I'm still struggling with the best way to get help from Apple. That would be a big help as well.

Jun 5, 2012 9:05 AM in response to deanaoxo

Sounds like there's an old preference file there, then. With a used computer, I highly recommend erasing the hard drive and reinstalling everything from scratch. That way you don't have any old preference files lingering, you also eliminate the possibility that the previous owner left malware such as a keylogger on the system.

Regards.

Jun 5, 2012 9:22 AM in response to varjak paw

Here's what worked. So simple, as these things often are.

By simply deleting the space in the registration box without pasting over the words that appear, i was able to get it to accept it.

Weird.

So, i highlighted the text that showed up in the box. Deleted. Pressed tab twice. Deleted. typed my name. pasted in the reg # and voila!

Arggghhhhhhh, hours wasted.

thanks for trying to help!

Sep 16, 2013 8:50 AM in response to pjmarkle

I have just paid for the Quicktime Pro registration for Windows 7. I got the reg number and I have entered it precisely several times. I have even done a reboot but when I open Quicktime it is still not the Pro version what's going on please? First time using Apple stuff and it's already a nightmare lke everyone has warned me. Whe I eneter the reg code and press "apply" the window does confirm that its a valid Quicktime Pro code.

Sep 16, 2013 9:13 AM in response to edward123456

If the Pro labels have gone from the menu items, then your key is correctly registered and you should be good to go. Other than a small "pro" tag to the QuickTime "Q" icon, there is no other visual indication that they key has been correctly registered.

By the way, tagging onto a thread that's well over a year old usually won't be the best strategy for getting assistance.

Regards.

Sep 8, 2016 6:48 AM in response to shasa47

old topic but in case anyone else is having more recent trouble

Under OS 10.11.6 if you Paste the Name/serial number in to the registration panel it doesn't show up immediately.

With the serial # in particular it looks like the field is blank. but the number is there. If you paste again you now have 2 serial numbers! If you start to type you have even more...

Make sure the field in really empty ( forward and back space ) then paste once and hit return. Should be good to go.

Registration code is not unlocking Quick time Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.