Skip navigation

How can I delete an item from Keychain the dealer installed?

1521 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2012 10:06 PM by alibi RSS
alibi Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 17, 2012 5:12 PM

I found that he installed an access in Keychain to my Time Capsule showing its password when he replaced my HD. When I try to delete it I am denied on my password. When I try to create a new Keychain my password is denied, so I cannot create a new Keychain and delete the old one— if that would work in this situation. I have some other issues with this dealer, an old one predating the Apple Stores. I don't like to go back to him to find out how I can get him out of my computer.

• noondaywitch Level 6 Level 6 (8,130 points)

This won't necessarily help the keychain problem, but you need to use the SL installer to change the admin password.

Boot from installer DVD (hold down the C key on start, or hold down the opt key and select the DVD from the manager screen).

OK the language page, ignore the continue button and go to the menu bar at the top of the screen. I can't remember what the menu item is called, but you'll find it quickly enough - choose the password change option and follow instructions.

Then quit the installer and restart normally.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.