Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone shows two unread text messages but no unread messages

My iphone is showing in the red badge two unread text messages but I have none. Ive tried turning off/on, exiting out of the app at the bottom on the screen (ya know when you make them wiggle) hard restart, and restoring from my itunes. Nothing is working...

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 17, 2012 7:44 PM

11 replies

Apr 16, 2014 11:46 AM in response to rugby12

I tried everything until I saw this post, which worked!

The red badge was still showing for me even after I deleted ALL of my messages. I'm with Verizon so from my iphone I dialed #225 so that they would send me the text showing my balance. Once I received the text I opened it, then I went out, hit edit and deleted it, then went to home screen and that made the red badge showing 2 unread messages go away. There must have been unread but deleted messages from Verizon floating around somewhere.....

Aug 8, 2012 9:13 PM in response to MIKEMASSI

Try looking through your messages to see if there are any messages where you may have typed a response but not sent the message. * Also make sure there are no spaces, where it appears empty but there is a space to show a message in progress. Some users report this was the issue.

Another sugguestion I have seen is to disable Settings > Notfications > Messages > "View in Lock Screen".

My iphone shows two unread text messages but no unread messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.