Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to manage rules?

I have just maxed out the rules for iCloud (99 rules allowed). On the Mac you can have more complex rules so you can have one rule that says basically if I get an e-mail from (Lands End, L.L. Bean, Amazon, etc) file the e-mail into my "Stores" folder. However on iCloud rules you need one rule for each store. I prefer using iCloud for the rules so they are sorted before they get to my Mac. This way they are sorted if I check my mail from an iPad or another Mac or on the Web. However, I didn't know until this morning that iCloud has a limit of 99 rules. So now I need to decide what is the best way to adjust.

So my question here is how do you manage rules to sort e-mail?

Thanks,

Scott

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 18, 2012 7:18 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2012 8:48 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Winston,

This is true if your main computer is always on and connected to the internet. However where I live currently we have frequent power outages and internet connectivity issues. Some of these problems require my to restart routers in order to fix the problem. However, if I am traveling away from home I am not able to do this. In a case like this if my rules are on my main Mac at home and I am checking e-mail from an iPad of Macbook Pro on the road no rules will run.

Thanks.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Best way to manage rules?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.