2 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2012 8:48 AM by Scott Rullmann
Scott Rullmann Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have just maxed out the rules for iCloud (99 rules allowed). On the Mac you can have more complex rules so you can have one rule that says basically if I get an e-mail from (Lands End, L.L. Bean, Amazon, etc) file the e-mail into my "Stores" folder. However on iCloud rules you need one rule for each store. I prefer using iCloud for the rules so they are sorted before they get to my Mac. This way they are sorted if I check my mail from an iPad or another Mac or on the Web. However, I didn't know until this morning that iCloud has a limit of 99 rules. So now I need to decide what is the best way to adjust.

So my question here is how do you manage rules to sort e-mail?

Thanks,

Scott

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10 (88,630 points)

It really doesn't matter where you manage your rules, whatever happens on one device will be synced to all other devices.

• Scott Rullmann Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Winston,

This is true if your main computer is always on and connected to the internet. However where I live currently we have frequent power outages and internet connectivity issues. Some of these problems require my to restart routers in order to fix the problem. However, if I am traveling away from home I am not able to do this. In a case like this if my rules are on my main Mac at home and I am checking e-mail from an iPad of Macbook Pro on the road no rules will run.

Thanks.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?