Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the BEST way to delete an app on an iPhone 4S so it will NOT be added back when I sync with iTunes?

What is the BEST way to delete an app on an iPhone 4S so it will NOT be added back when I sync with iTunes?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 18, 2012 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2012 8:30 AM

To completely remove an app and all of its data, do this: First delete the app on your phone, then in iTunes, under Library, click on Apps, right-click the app you want to delete & select delete, when prompted, move all files to trash, empty your trash. Connect your phone and sync. The app and all of its data will be gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2012 8:30 AM in response to DonXX

To completely remove an app and all of its data, do this: First delete the app on your phone, then in iTunes, under Library, click on Apps, right-click the app you want to delete & select delete, when prompted, move all files to trash, empty your trash. Connect your phone and sync. The app and all of its data will be gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.