Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Outlook on MAC - Calendar appointment invites from PC users?

Hi

Situation

I have been using MS Outlook for near on 20 years on Windows PC's now and I continue to do so because I know it works with other Outlook users - e.g. a client send me an Outlook calendar appointment invite to me via email - I click on it and then it appears in my own Calendar - and vice versa where I invite them. By the way this is all happening across the internet and not within one closed corporate LAN.

What I Want

1. To know if I can use MS Outlook on the MAC where such calendar to calendar communications are 100% successful - i.e. they can be sent across the internet by my clients from their Windows PC's to my MAC via email and I can click on them and the appointment appears in my calendar properly.
  2. The reason I ask this is becaused I have read many time that Outlook on the MAC is a bit 'flaky' and doesnt work well. I dont want to invest either the money, time or frustration in moving my business to a MAC if there are going to be basic issues like this you see. I rely completely on my work calendar being accurate and I cannot afford to mess it up (like Mobile Me over the air sync did actually - but thats another story!)

Help from You?

Can I hear from you to tell me of your experiences where you have undertaken this change and what results you get - whether good or bad.

Many thanks in advance...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.8Ghz Intel, 4Gb DDR

Posted on May 18, 2012 9:05 AM

6 replies

May 18, 2012 11:36 AM in response to Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck wrote:

I suggest you post your question on Microsofts own forums for their Mac products as it's their software you're having issues with:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

Thank for the suggestion. I had a quick look at the types of issues that MAC users of MS Outlook are reporting back and conclude they are many and various - eniugh in fact to confirm what I already suspected - that a MAC implementation fo MS Outlook is unreliable and further confirmation that the way Microsoft and Apple have proceeded has resulted in customers to both like me being forced to choose between the two - rather than helping us work with both platforms in an intregrated way. It is a complete disgrace on both companies.

May 19, 2012 4:07 AM in response to Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck wrote:

Believe what you want. I have no issues using Mac Outlook in our Exchange 2010 enterprise environment

Hi

Can you clarify pls - which was my original question anyway - are you successfully using MS Outlook on a MAC where you are successfully sending and receiving Calendar appointment invites across the internet to/from Windows Outlook users?

Thanks...

MS Outlook on MAC - Calendar appointment invites from PC users?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.