Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting a desktop in Mission Control?

A few days ago when opening iTunes I somehow created a new desktop that had only iTunes. I find this very inconvenient as I like to have a small iTunes window open while I work but I cannot delete the new desktop per every instruction I've seen: open Mission Control / hover mouse over upper left corner of desired desktop / click on the "X" that appears. Problem: no "X" appears, but when I add a new desktop, I can delete that one, but not the accidental iTunes desktop. How do I delete it & how did I accidentally create this unwanted desktop?

thanks!

Greg

Mission Control-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 18, 2012 10:27 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2012 11:00 AM in response to Martin Street

Try this... If iTunes is still in a Desktop and that Desktop is not #1, go to that Desktop and 'Quit and close windows' out of iTunes by clicking on iTunes and hold the Option key down. Now, once iTunes is closed open Mission Control and delete that empty Desktop.

If iTunes is in the #1 Desktop, you won't get the 'X' to delete it.

Deleting a desktop in Mission Control?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.