Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No voice dictation button under keyboard setting on iPad3

Started my new iPad(3) but whenever I open my keyboard I have no voice dictation option...any ideas?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 18, 2012 11:12 AM

10 replies

May 18, 2012 12:36 PM in response to lididdycam

The reason that I asked about how you set it up - and I can't remember when I set mine up - I vaguely remember a user saying that they did not select the Dictation option at the time of set up and then did not have the option to do so in the settings. As I said, I can't remember if you had to select the option when you set up, but I can't believe that really has any bearing on it.

Quick note, I looked for this online and it was part of the setup.

You can try turning WiFi off and on and see if that resets the setting. Here is another thought ... Go to settings>General>Diagnostics and Usage> and see if you have Automatically send checked. If you don't have it checked, try checking that.

One last thing that you can try is Setting>General>Reset>Reset all settings and see if that does it. Of course, you will have to start all over again with your settings and preferences.

No voice dictation button under keyboard setting on iPad3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.