Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face Time Help!

i click on the FaceTime button and nothing shows up the green light near my camera is their but i can't see the window i have been on it before not sure why it's not working Please Help

Posted on May 18, 2012 1:12 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2012 3:37 PM in response to amharmon10

Welcome to Apple Discussions, amharmon10!

First, restart Mac and try again. If the problem remains, consider the following:

You don't post your Mac OS X version or say whether the FaceTime "button" you are using is an alias located in the Dock, in a Finder folder, or in Launch Pad.

Try double-clicking the FaceTime iCon in your Mac's Finder > Go > Applications folder. Don't be in a hurry. Give FaceTime up to a minute to open.

If FaceTime works from the Applications folder, the alias that gives trouble may be damaged.

• If it is in the Dock, remove that alias and drag a new one to the Dock from the Applications folder.

• If it is in a Finder folder, move that alias to the Trash and create a new one from the Applications folder.

• If the problem alias is in Launch Pad, try using Lion Recovery to repair your

startup disk.

If you need to post back for other ideas, tell us the location of the alias that is giving you trouble. Also, tell us which specific Mac model and Mac OS X version you use. You can find your Mac OS X version by using the  > About this Mac menu command. We will offer more specific suggestions based on the details in your reply.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.7.4

Face Time Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.