Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3 does not start

I bought Aperture 3 from Apple store, just downloaded the software does not start.

The icon flashes but does not open!

What do I do?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 19, 2012 12:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2012 12:17 PM

Hi ibovisc

first reboot the machine and try again And while you are restarting hold down the Shift key for safe Boot mode. If that fails doulbe click on the Library itself and see if that starts Aperture. Write back an tell us what you found out

The Library would of been created the first time you opened Aperture.... So Im hoping you had an earlier version with a created Lib.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2012 12:17 PM in response to iabovisc

Hi ibovisc

first reboot the machine and try again And while you are restarting hold down the Shift key for safe Boot mode. If that fails doulbe click on the Library itself and see if that starts Aperture. Write back an tell us what you found out

The Library would of been created the first time you opened Aperture.... So Im hoping you had an earlier version with a created Lib.

May 20, 2012 7:33 AM in response to iabovisc

Try running disk utilites and repairing permissions.

Try holding the Command + option key while clicking on the Aperture icon to repair its permissions specifically

When I mentioned click on library itself I should of said locate the Aperture Library (pictures folder?) and double click on that to start aperture. Also to open a lib hold the option key and click on the Aperture icon. A dialog should appear to choose the library. Write back and tell us specfically what you did. we need to know what you performed so we can eliminate options. good luck

Aperture 3 does not start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.