Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spilled on MBwhite wont log in

Last night i spilled 7up on my Macbook White. I wiped it off and let it dry during the night.

I started it this morning and it booted nice and all keys were working (i think). The problem is that when i type in my password which i know is perfectly correct, it wont log me in. All of the keys are pressable and will leave a dot or * in the passwordbox, but it just wont let me in. The Enter-button leaves a dot aswell i dont think it should but anyways...Dont know what to do! Since i only see dots im not sure if some keys have swapped place or something but arrghhh i dont know what to do?

I dont have a Mac-disc and i have tried the Single User-option but when i try to type the commands there nothing shows up?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 19, 2012 1:34 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2012 1:41 AM in response to juziie

Unfortunately any liquid spilled on a MacBook keyboard will spread internally. You may have wiped off the surface but the internal circuitry may well have been damaged.

If I were you I would make an appointment at the Genius Bar in your local Apple store and take it in for evaluation. You will not be charged for this and the Genius will offer advice on what repairs are necessary and what it will cost. Be prepared to be shocked if a new logic board is suggested 😮

Spilled on MBwhite wont log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.