Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 keeps restarting it's self & Won't Charge

"APPLE HARDWARE/SOFTWARE PRODUCT PROBLEMS WITH MINE & WORLDWIDE"

24-06-2011

As from Friday 24th June 2011 when I purchased my iPhone 4 it Won't Charge, stays in the red & go above 5% even after 2-3+ days no difference charging plus I tried x4 different Apple charges but it made no difference at all to the problems with the iPhone 4.

24-06-2011

iPhone 4 keeps restarting it's self every 30 seconds

24-06-2011

I do a system restore many times via iTunes

I do a hard reset by holding the power & home button for 45sec x5 times

I do a battery calibration by holding the power & home button for 25secas I'm told via online forum

Just finely get the iPhone 4 updated to latest 4.3.3 OS via iTunes

I leave iPhone 4 to completely dis charge where it won't start at all & then recharge it where charge holds for a couple of hours but then only to turn itself off when the power meter is reading 64% but won't restart after pressing power button.

So I pug the iPhone 4 back on its charger for a couple of hours but it still reads only 1% battery power so I do another by holding the power & home button for 25 seconds as I'm told via online forum up to which the battery meter reads 96% as to will not charge no higher than 93-96% but again the seconds later the iPhone 4 again starts keeping restarting it's self every 30 seconds nonstop all over again.

Nothing has help with this piece of Apple ****.

Reading more online forum where this is a very common problem with it seem that all iPhone models, iPad’s, iPod 4 it also had similar problems as did mine.

Just finely get the iPhone 4 updated to latest x4.more times of the iPhone OS via iTunes which has made NO DIFFERENCE to the continued problems with this APPLE PIECE OF CRAP.

01-09-2011 @ 8:08pm

I plug it in to my computer where it Shows it’s charging a CHARGING icon in the power bar at the top right hand corner of the screen & then a PowerPoint icon in the power bar at the top right hand corner of the screen where then continues to restart its self every 30 seconds.

01-09-2011

Now after a doing a battery calibration by holding the power & home button for 25secas I'm told via online forum. But this time each time it restarts 90% charge, 85% charge, 80% charge, 76% charge & that continues like that again, again & again, what a piece of CRAP…

01-09-2011

Again I plug it in to my computer where it Shows it’s charging a CHARGING icon in the power bar at the top right hand corner of the screen & then a PowerPoint icon in the power bar at the top right hand corner of the screen where then continues to restart its self every 30 seconds

01-09-2011

I Plug it in & once more I do a system restore via Apple iTunes to see once more if it will make any difference, like that will do anything ‘YEA RIGHT”.. And the answer is “NO WHAT A SURPRISE” Now showing 74% charge, continuing to restart every 30seconds

01-09-2011

72% charge, continuing to restart every 30seconds & then showing a PowerPoint icon in the power bar at the top right hand corner of the screen where then continues to restart its self every 30 seconds.

01-09-2011

Then this happens during Sync after a do a system restore via Apple iTunes

Now showing 74% charge & still continuing to restart every 30seconds.

Won’t charge at all while turned on

01-05-2012

Still won’t charge when plugged in plus there is NO CHARGE SYMBOL on the screen to show its charging & so it doesn’t charge...

19-05-2012

Now upgraded to iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 & it now continues to REBOOT/RESTART every three to five second regardless of whether it’s plugged in or unplugged NOW & the ONLY way I can get some sort of charge into it is to turn off the iPhone 4 completely but only after it already plugged in to the power & after it’s already restarted it’s self again buy holding the POWER BUTTON down plus flicking the Phone shutdown touch screen button across But still not fixing it’s problem regardless of how many times I’ve upgraded the iPhones 4 iOS MAKING THE iPhone or any iPhone so far totally the most useless mobile phone I’ve ever had/owned & I’ve had a lot of Mobiles over the years that when I get them I test every feature they have to the max in order to make sure there are no problems with it but this time I’ve discovered that Apple iPhones are a piece of TOTAL CRAP and contacting Apple is imposable to do & Vodafone is almost just as bad & certainly not buy email HA?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, iPHONE 4 IS A PEICE OF JUNK

Posted on May 19, 2012 3:16 AM

13 replies

Aug 2, 2012 11:29 PM in response to CaptainWillSkyline01

Hi, did you ever solve this problem?

My 1 year old -- ha! one month out of warranty -- iPhone 4 has been having a nearly identical problem over the past few days.

It started by dying completely so I had the battery replaced, thinking it was simply battery issue.

It then worked again for a moment but started doing exactly what you describe, going through a reset cycle (longer than 30 seconds but who's counting). And it felt quite warm.

Did hard reset, plugged into wall charger and MBP USB but the new battery wouldn't even get a full charge (a whopping 92% after nearly two days). It would even lose battery when plugged in if I opened an app. And all the while plugged in, if I left the phone on, it would cycle through these resets. So I turned it off to try to charge it.

Now suddenly, it's dead again. Totally black, and hard reset does nothing. Up until two days ago there was nothing wrong whatsoever with this phone! And I hadn't even installed a new app that could be the root of the issue. No idea whatsoever what caused this.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Aug 12, 2012 1:46 AM in response to CaptainWillSkyline01

I have the same issue as #2 on your list. My iPhone 4s only a couple months old is now doing this. After updating and installing 5.1.1 my iPhone started to reset itself every 30 seconds or so so im not sure what to do. I have tried hard-resets and every other way i have thought and read about and still no luck. I guess i can let the battery die out and see what happens when i plug it in next but i really wish i could get some kind of answer as to what may be going on. If anyone, Apple representative or other community member could help i would love any kind of advice or assistance. This thing is still new and under warranty so i want some answers. Thanks in advance.

Mar 1, 2013 12:42 AM in response to katinparis

No katinparis I NEVER solved this problem & since then I've been to AppleCare been given a replacement & now I've got a whole new set of problems, Oh except this replacement iPhone 4 still restarts at random where I've had to do like 20+ hard restart alreddy & I've got to tak it back to AppleCare, oh what a surprize.....😠😟➖⚠

Lets tell Apple that we the customers are not happy buy NOT BUYING APPLE ANYMORE & Telling Apple that if they don't fix their continueous problem with their junk that we the customers, soon to be Ex EX EX EX Customers will NEVER Buy Apple Product ever again Ha?

Jun 11, 2013 11:23 PM in response to CaptainWillSkyline01

I Only NOW have All the Problems Solved BUT ONLY after having my iPhone 4 Replaced Twice by AppleCare, So x3 iPhone 4's later & traveling 1380km total up & back Travel plus fuel that they DON'T Pay for ha?😮 😕 😟 😠

Make Sure You Get & Pay for the APPLECARE Protection Plan or otherwise this would have been more of a PAIN in the Butt than it already was, U can bet on that.

THAT GOODNESS I NOW HAVE AN iPHONE 4 THAT I ONLY NOW HAVE THAT WORKS & HASN'T GIVEN ME NOT A ONE PROBLEMS AT ALL Unlike the first x2 iPhones 4's that had to be replaced by the APPLECARE Protection Plan? 😮 🙂

Message was edited by: CaptainWillSkyline01

Jun 12, 2013 3:24 AM in response to CaptainWillSkyline01

Yesterday my dad took apart my iphone 4 to replace the screen as it was cracked. i'd been using the phone all day since that band then the battery died and once plugged in to charge its started rebooting itself. i left it plugged in over night to see if there was any luck the next morning and it had the charging symbol but it stayed red. i showed my dad and he looked online and found that inside the phone there is something at the bottom left of the battery that hadnt been put back in properly or had slipped out of place. he put it back together properly and now it works fine again, this might relate to anyone that has had their phone taken apart recently, hope this helps.

My iPhone 4 keeps restarting it's self & Won't Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.