Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Couldn't display "image~1.jpg" because it is corrupted.

I've had this issue ever since I opened an image that I wanted to view with Picture Viewer (Quicktime), it then told me something about associating files blah blah and it was a yes or no answer, I forgot what it said exactly but I know I used to always say no to it to continue to view the image I opened before then today I accindently clicked yes and now it gives me that error message! When I open my image with Paint and any other program, it works, but with Picture Viewer it doesn't! I liked having my picture viewer as my default. Please help D:

Windows Vista

Posted on May 19, 2012 7:31 AM

6 replies

May 30, 2012 12:38 PM in response to MLGKillAHz

Sort of a partial solution. Uninstalled QT 7.7.2, re-installed QT 7.7.1 (couldn't find this on Apple's support site....they force you to dl the binary which installs the latest version) and everything worked as before. But when opening an image file, the file association box came up. Selected "no" and checked off "don't ask me again", but it re-appeared the next time I opened another image file. So I gave in and selected "yes" and everything worked as before. So i'm sticking with 7.7.1 until the next update. I may try 7.7.2 again when I have some time. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jul 23, 2012 1:28 AM in response to MLGKillAHz

Ran into this problem as well, so far it only seems to happen with pictures that are saved from Facebook. If I open them with MS Paint and save them, they can be opened by Quicktime Picture Viewer.

@Kenny904: The file association question is something I ran into as well. It didn't disappear till I hit yes instead of no. Even though I checked the "don't ask me again".

Now I'm gonna look for v7.7.1, see if that solves it here as well.

edit: Going back to 7.7.1 solved it, thanks for the tip Kenny 😀

Nov 13, 2012 2:26 PM in response to bartgrefte

I had experienced this same issue (Pictureviewer saying image file is corrupted). Like others in this thread, I uninstalled Quicktime 7.7.2 and installed 7.7.1 and the problem went away.

Today, I got a prompt that Quicktime 7.7.3 was available and I installed it. After the installation completed and I restarted my system (Windows 7), I do not get the image corrupted messages. So it appears that 7.7.3 has fixed the problem. YMMV, but if you still have the 7.7.1 install files, you could always go back if 7.7.3 doesn't work for you.

Couldn't display "image~1.jpg" because it is corrupted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.