Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate files affixed with a "-1" not showing in search results

When I download files from the internet sometimes I get the same file twice and of course OS X affixes a "-1" to denote this, however when I search a folder (via the top right search tool) for any files containing "-1" in the file name (boolean) it does not show them, why is this?

MacBook (13-inch Late 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3), 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on May 19, 2012 9:01 AM

5 replies

May 19, 2012 9:37 AM in response to Hamper

If you try Easy Find and don't like it you can unistall it just by deleting the App.

It is one of the best Search programs I have used on either Mac or Windows.

You may also like to try Find Any File.

As to not using any 3rd party apps, well that is odd. Apple does not make all apps for all operations/needs. So at some point you will need to use an appplication written and sold by some other software company. So you don't use any Adobe software or any other software from other software companies?

May 19, 2012 10:01 AM in response to Shootist007

I'm not against them, but for such a core service I don't like the idea of having to boot up an app just for that, I think with a minor tweak it could (should) be added. Sure it might not be at the top of their priority list and might never get added, but I'll survive.

Thanks for the app recomendations, perhaps I was hasty to dismiss them, not even looked.

Duplicate files affixed with a "-1" not showing in search results

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.