Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3G oleophic coating?

Hi there,

Okay so I have had my iPhone 4 for a while and today I decided to remove the screen protector on it as it discolours REALLY badly and looks funny... Anyway I was just wondering if the iPhone 3G had an oleophic coating because my previous iPhone 3G screen scratched like ****, I'm just a bit concerned as to whether my iPhone 4 would scratch this bad or it is different?

Any help is very very appreciated, thanks in advance :)

ADDITONAL INFO:

My previous iPhone was a 3G and not a 3GS

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 19, 2012 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2012 10:00 AM

The iPhone 3G did not come with the oleophobic screen coating which comes with the 3GS, 4, and 4S. Also the iPhone 4 has the much stronger glass not present on the 3G and 3GS. The 4 glass will still crack like all glass does, but is stronger and much more scratch resistent. Still got to be careful it is glass, front and back.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2012 10:00 AM in response to isancho2308

The iPhone 3G did not come with the oleophobic screen coating which comes with the 3GS, 4, and 4S. Also the iPhone 4 has the much stronger glass not present on the 3G and 3GS. The 4 glass will still crack like all glass does, but is stronger and much more scratch resistent. Still got to be careful it is glass, front and back.

iPhone 3G oleophic coating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.