Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove a Dove Macsnap on a 128k

Hello everyone! I have recently got an original Macintosh 128k and it came yesterday, when i pull it out, i find that it has a Dove Macsnap expansion, i first thing i though is "how could someone do this to such a awesome machine?!" I have desperately search online, but no luck on how to remove it! now i post here in hope of help to remove it! I want it in it's original 128k state.

User uploaded file

I'm aware of the precautions on the High Voltage CRT Display, it needs to be discharged before working on it. But i don't know how to properly remove the upgrade, help please! Thanks

(also, the contrast wheel is a black one, isn't the contrast wheel supposed to be beige like the 512k?)

Posted on May 19, 2012 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2012 7:57 AM

Someone appears to have provided good information in your thread on MacRumors:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1372995

The contrast wheel was indeed beige, to the best of my recollection, so it would seem that someone replaced the control at some point.

Regards.

2 replies

How to remove a Dove Macsnap on a 128k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.