Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod (and iPhoto) not working after Tiger startup volume repair!

Hi everyone!

Ive recently had to repair my startup disc volume/reinstall Tiger and now my iPod doesnt store songs after I sync it. All of my music is in iTunes and everything else seems to be working however once I disconnect my iPod NOTHING is there.

Ive been looking through all the previous discussions but cant seem to fix this on my own. And Im not even sure if I should be posting this question on here or in another forum...because Ive also noticed that there are no pictures in iPhoto 😟...Ive made a mess!! ANY help is greatly appreciated!

Oh! and when I did the repair...it asked me if I wanted to save a copy of the previous system which I did...hopefully that did some good!!!

Hope you are all having a great day!

Em

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on May 19, 2012 4:31 PM

6 replies

May 21, 2012 10:51 PM in response to BDAqua

Hi! I was so happy to hear from you. Any new direction is better than staring at a wall haha!

Unfortunately I did the update and everything else you said. Nothing.

I connect my ipod to itunes...everything flows perfectly...i even click on the transferred songs under the ipod label actually show up but in gray (if that means anything).

Any other ideas you have for me? Thank you for taking time to answer all of our questions and with patience!!

-Em

May 25, 2012 5:12 PM in response to Limnos

Hi Limnos!

Ive been checking through everything and everything is coming back as updated. Im missing my ipod like you wouldnt believe 😟

When I plug in my iPod it automatically opens iTunes and shows my iPod in the menu. When I sync music it goes through all the motions as if it's perfect. But when I click on the iPod menu the music is grayed out...isnt it supposed to be black text?

Also, I noticed that when I pull up Finder and look in the music folder and then into the iTunes folder it shows the following menu:

Album Artwork

iTunes Library

iTunes Library Extras.itdb

iTunes Library Genius.itdb

iTunes Music

iTunes Music Library.xml

Previous iTunes Libraries

And when I go into the actual iTunes music folder it shows:

Automatically Add to iTunes

iPod Games

iTunes Library Extras.itdb

iTunes Library Genius.itdb

Music

Voice Memos

Does any of that seem weird to you? Especially that the extras.itdb/genius.itdb is listed in both??

Having to do the disc repair from the start up disc has ruined the great relationship my Mac & I used to have 😢

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for your time!

Em

ipod (and iPhoto) not working after Tiger startup volume repair!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.