Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't sync to iPhone

I synced my music to my iPhone through iTunes. On the computer everything looks like it worked. However, when I look on my phone, the music has not synced up. What's going on?

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 19, 2012 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2012 5:42 PM

Check the following:

1. On the summary tab of your iTunes sync settings you have checked "Sync only checked songs and videos"
  2. In your music library you have checked all the songs you want to sync to your phone
  3. There are no exclamation points next to any of the songs you want to sync to your phone
  4. You have authorized your computer for all Apple IDs for purchased music you want to sync to your phone (in Store>Authorize This Computer)
  5. You have checked "Sync Music" on the Music tab of your iTunes sync settings

When everything looks correct, sync your phone.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2012 5:42 PM in response to sarahbear1985

Check the following:

1. On the summary tab of your iTunes sync settings you have checked "Sync only checked songs and videos"
  2. In your music library you have checked all the songs you want to sync to your phone
  3. There are no exclamation points next to any of the songs you want to sync to your phone
  4. You have authorized your computer for all Apple IDs for purchased music you want to sync to your phone (in Store>Authorize This Computer)
  5. You have checked "Sync Music" on the Music tab of your iTunes sync settings

When everything looks correct, sync your phone.

Jul 25, 2013 8:03 PM in response to sarahbear1985

I'm having this almost same problem where for some reason iTunes will only sync 1698 songs out of my 2760 songs on my library. I did check syns all my music but iTunes decided that some songs would not make the cut (and my iPhone is not full nor does any other simple reason applies)

I earased all the music from my iPhone5, and still iTunes will NOT sync them. It is extremely frustrating because iTunes match is not the solution for me. The data usage when this is on just exceeds my carrier plan. So now iTunes is just useless to correctly sync my songs, wich is ironic, because itunes and ipod where the reason i adopted the whole apple idea 8 years ago.

for more than 2 years now iTunes has been unable to sync correctly my playlists, songs, smart playlists or else. I am beyond angry this has not been corrected yet when this seems like a rather simple progrmming glitch and Apple spends millions on other features that are not as basic as these.

iTunes doesn't sync to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.