Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Piece of crap.

My iPhone 4s microphone is defective and e phone is still under warranties bu apple won't stand behind its product and want to give a cheap refurbished. Any suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 19, 2012 6:09 PM

59 replies

May 19, 2012 6:14 PM in response to Caspian2012

"Cheap refurbished"? Do you even know what you're talking about? A refurbished device came off the same factory line as the one you bought. It's been restored to factory specs, thoroughly tested. This is the standard way warranties are handled with electronics because it's faster than sending yours out to be repaired, making you wait for it to come back. If you were expecting to get a new one, you have unrealistic expectations. The one you're taking to Apple for warranty is not brand new. Apple is standing behind their product and honoring the warranty in exactly the way they say they will.

I've been buying refurbished Apple products on purpose from the Online Store for years because they are such a great buy. Exactly like new, same warranty and everything.

My suggestion is to go back and get the replacement and stop whining.

May 19, 2012 6:20 PM in response to Caspian2012

Caspian2012 wrote:

So will a smsung and I believe they stand behind their product.

Samsung (I assume that's what you meant) doesn't have stores you can take your phone into. If you go through your carrier, they will provide you with, you guessed it, a refurbished phone. This is the standard way warranties are handled on small electronics.

May 19, 2012 6:22 PM in response to Caspian2012

Caspian2012 wrote:

If refurbished is identical to new then why is it half the price I paid for my phone. I guess one is a fool to buy a new phone.

Yup, my first iPhone was refurbished. Saved me $50 dollars. And when it had a problem, and I got it replace under warranty, it was with a refurbished one that I sold for almost as much as I paid for the original. My current MacBook Air is refurbished. It saved me $200.

May 20, 2012 7:26 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

It's disturbing to see how some of you are brainwashed by the apple realitydistortion field. Refurbished is used plain and simple. I am not aware of any other company that sells you a brand new defective product and then gives you a used product as a replacement. And I can certainly do better than "Whine" about. I'll let you know What happens or you will read about it in the papers.

Piece of crap.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.