Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano plays music but screen is backlit but blank. I restored factory settings but still blank. I can use it but can't make choices since screen is blank.

I have a older version iPod Nano. The screen goes blank but still back lit (white). I can still play music with headphones or stereo unit but can't choose what to hear since the screen is blank. I used to hold down the menu and middle button till the apple icon appeared and that would make the words return. But now it doesn't work because it won't reset (no apple icon appears at all). I used iTunes to restore factory settings, and re-loaded my music but no better. Should I just take it in to the apple store?

iPod nano

Posted on May 20, 2012 6:35 AM

1 reply

iPod Nano plays music but screen is backlit but blank. I restored factory settings but still blank. I can use it but can't make choices since screen is blank.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.