Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else having trouble installing Voice Over Kit 1.4.1?

Error 1701 when trying to install Voice Over Kit 1.4.1 on an IPod Shuffle 4th Generation Device using ITunes 10.6.1 on a Mac.

iPod shuffle (4th generation), Other OS

Posted on May 20, 2012 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2012 2:15 PM

So nobody has an answer to my question? Seriously?

9 replies

Oct 27, 2013 3:34 PM in response to kevpan815

I spent a lot of time today with AppleCare on the phone. My shuffle will download the kit with the Windows version of iTunes, but I use a Mac and that's where I need it to work. I have the error on a Late 2012 iMac and a mid 2012 MacBook Air. Both computers have a clean install of 10.9 and everything has been updated post-install. I sucessfully installed the kit on an old MacBook still running 10.7.5, but that's not helpful because as soon as I moved the shuffle back to my iMac it gets wiped by the new library.

AppleCare escalated this up a tier and emailed me a tool to collect my system logs. I ran it and sent the data back. It seems obvious to me that this is a problem with 10.9 and iTunes 11.1.2, but I'm not a software engineer. I hope Apple cares enough to get this solved.

Nov 3, 2013 5:07 AM in response to kevpan815

Exact same issue, jusst bought shuffle yesterday. OSX 10.8.4, iTunes 11.0.5. Hey Apple- we need to hear something from you on this. Also looks like the main support article on Voiceover is now dead- http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4322. Does not inspire confidence. Especially with the crazy podcast = playlist program, it's really too bad my 5 year old gen 2 shuffle died.

Anyone else having trouble installing Voice Over Kit 1.4.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.