Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sync calengoo with ical on my MacBook?

Posted on May 20, 2012 9:46 AM

6 replies

Feb 19, 2013 7:46 AM in response to beaugency

To "make it go" you need a WebDAV master calendar somewhere like google calendar or a Mac OS X Server or iCloud.

If should be easier to set that up with a computer than a phone. Use iCal Preferences (or you favorite CalDAV-capable calendar program) to create a new account at the shared location. Once it is set up and has a few unique "marker" events in it (so you will know when you actually connect and pick up those events) then set preferences to allow the other Users to access that calendar.

Now move to your other devices like phones and tablets, and attempt to create a new calendar at the shared location or get access to the shared calendar already stored there.

The way of thinking about it is that each shared calendar acts as a clear "overlay" which is placed over the days-of-the-week. When accessing all shared calendars, everyone's appointments show through. You can turn users' calendar on and off and their appointments will drop out or show up.

Each user can have Multiple calendars, so that your kid's class schedule need not clutter up your daily view of all items, but their vacation schedule (on a separate shared calendar) can always be visible.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.