Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bring down battery to 10% then charge it to 100% is that a good way to maintain battery life?

I just got a iPhone 4s and i want to maintain its battery life from now, i bring it down to 10% then charge it up all the way to 100%. i want to know is that the best way to maintain its battery life. i use my iPhone alot and i do that atleast once a day i never charged it up from any other percent other then 10%

Posted on May 20, 2012 3:53 PM

2 replies

May 20, 2012 5:33 PM in response to D_hood

That is not necessary. iPhone batteries wear more like care tires. They wear out with use, not when you decide to charge it. You can charge it anytime it is convenient for you. It will not effect overall lifetime of the battery. Every month or so it is even recommended to let the battery go to zero which automatically shuts-off the iPhone, then completely charge it back up to 100%. Enjoy your iPhone. But the less you actually use your iPhone the longer the battery will last.

bring down battery to 10% then charge it to 100% is that a good way to maintain battery life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.