Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I export a still from imovie '11 into iPhoto?

Please help.

I would like to know how to export a still-frame from an iMovie '11 clip into iPhoto. I know how to capture the still-frame that I want. I know that I can use that within an iMovie '11 project. I want to export this iMovie '11 still-frame into iPhoto, so that I may work it as a photo. (Not vice verse)

iMovie '11 seems to be missing this feature that the older versions have.

Thank you.

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 20, 2012 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2012 5:04 PM

Hey,

I think the easiest way to do this would be to use your screen capture feature on a mac. If you hold down COMMAND SHIFT 4 you can then outline that clip in the viewer and take a snap shot of the picture which you then can add to iPhoto and then to iMovie.

5 replies

May 20, 2012 5:56 PM in response to yayalu

Now, if you don't want to go through iPhoto which is how you mentioned you can also set your playhead on the spot of the clip where you want a freeze frame and then you can go up to FILE - SAVE FRAME AS

That will then save a default 5 sec still frame of that spot on your video clip. It will save it in the shelf of your project and then you can drag it into your project. So, you don't go through iPhoto which I think you were wanting to but it can be done inside iMovie.

The iMovie Guy

How do I export a still from imovie '11 into iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.