Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime for a child

I bought a ipod touch for my 10 yr old son. When I set up his facetime it show the messages are coming from me because it is setup under my apple id. How do I fix this?

iPod touch (2nd generation)

Posted on May 20, 2012 6:32 PM

5 replies

Oct 17, 2015 11:29 AM in response to jjflash2216

We've just got our Son a new iPad and have created an Apple ID for him via the Family thing.... Just tried to FaceTime me and the caller comes up (appears) that I am dealing instead of "his name and his Apple ID". This stuff is usually quite easy..... but I am not really sure what the issue is.. I was hoping that with the Apple ID that we have just created for him would appear and I would be able to FaceTime him and vice versa. Any ideas what the issue might be?

Facetime for a child

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.