Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod disappears

I was trying to copy songs from my ipod classic to my mac itune library. I went on youtube and someone said to write on the command terminial:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

I did that and it worked for a little bit until itunes and the ipod froze. Now, when I connect my ipod classic my mac and itunes recognize it for about 1 second and it disappears. Can someone help me to restore my original settings so that I can have my ipod classic recognized again.

iPod classic, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 20, 2012 5:57 PM

1 reply

May 22, 2012 8:31 AM in response to carlosfrompa

Try forcing the iPod into Disk Mode. This will help mount it as an external volume in finder again and must be manually ejected like all other external volumes.

Putting iPod devices with a Click Wheel into Disk Mode

1. If necessary, verify that your iPod has a Click Wheel.
  2. Before placing the iPod into Disk Mode, verify that it is charged.
  3. Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  4. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
  5. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
    User uploaded file
  6. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will should say "Do not disconnect".

If you are having difficulty putting your iPod into Disk Mode, set it on a flat surface. Make sure that the finger pressing the Select button is not touching the Click Wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Play/Pause button toward the outside of the Click Wheel and not near the center. If you are still unable to put your iPod into Disk Mode, use one finger from one hand to press the Select button, and one finger from the other hand to press the Play/Pause button.

B-rock

ipod disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.