Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to listen to video podcasts and conserve power

This article TS1328 does not help me. It is supposed to be a way to listen to video podcasts and conserve power, and be able to lock the iPod so that random touches do not affect playback?

This article suggests looking for the podcast in the Music app. But it does not appear there; the podcast is only present in the Video app.

Does anybody have suggestions for just listening to video podcasts? I want to conserve battery power and also be able to lock the iPod.

Oh, and one other thing -- my home button has stopped working. So I've been forced to enable accessibility mode so that I can soft-simulate the home button. The device is less than 1.5 years old. I saw somebody suggesting a technique that involved locking the iPod (would cause playback to stop) and then double-clicking home and taking some subsequent action. but I can't do that exactly, due to my home button problem.

I have an ipod touch 4th gen purchased December 2010. i.e. not the latest 4th gen (late 2011). Why isn't Apple embarrassed about how silly it is to play guess the equipment model number using dates, button descriptions, etc instead of a model number that changes on each iteration?

Thanks.

Posted on May 20, 2012 6:44 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2012 2:23 PM in response to enk

That article is complete nonsense!

In fact - it's so bad, Apple should be ashamed of themselves.

It clearly doesn't tell you how to listen to a video Podcast without the display on, despite claiming in its title that it will tell you. It says we can, but doesn't tell us how! The only thing it does tell us is;

To play back both video and audio, start the podcast playing from the Videos menu.

... Duh!

As far as I'm aware, neither my iPod Touch nor my iPod Classic will play a video Podcast as sound only. They never have been able to either, so it cannot be blamed on a software change. I believe (I may be wrong) that the latest iPod Touch (I have a 2nd gen) has video Podcasts on a separate menu to audio Podcast. No idea why anyone would think that was a good idea! But regardless of that, it wouldn't explain that appalling article.

Apple products may be really good - but even Apple isn't perfect, as the article demonstrates.

How to listen to video podcasts and conserve power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.