Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a (name)@mac.com email and would like to continue/start using it.

I have a (name)@mac.com email and would like to continue/start using it particularly as icloud has my this as my Mac ID with that domain and it sends emails to that domain yet my icloud email is (name)@me.com so icloud will send emails to inactive email (mac.com). Perhaps somebody knows the incoming mail server and the smtp server i can manually set up with for mac.com?

Icloud set up

Posted on May 20, 2012 8:15 PM

1 reply

May 20, 2012 11:17 PM in response to Jeylan

@mac.com and @me.com are the same thing, with the same server settings. If you had a .Mac account prior to the introduction of MobileMe a few years back you would have retained your @mac.com address as well has having what was then the new @me.com address, and as long as you didn'g allow the account to expire before 6 June 2011 you will still have it. Emails sent to either address will land in the inbox.

So what exactly is not working for you? If people (or you as a test) send you emails to either address does that work?

I have a (name)@mac.com email and would like to continue/start using it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.