Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

hi-pitched noise on slowed down audio track

234 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2006 9:57 PM by Leigh-Ann RSS
Leigh-Ann Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 9, 2006 6:06 PM
I'd like to increase the levels on an audio track that I've slowed down to 50% but I am prohibited from doing so because of a resultant hi-pitched background noise that seems to occur due to the speed change. I tried using a couple of the FCP audio filters (the ones for 'hum remover' and 'high pass filter') - does anyone have any suggestions for this problem? Using FCP 5.0.4.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
PB15 1.67GHz/2GB, AEBS,4GB iPod,G-Raid 320GB (FW800)HD, Mac OS X (10.4.5)
  • Jim Cookman Level 7 Level 7 (23,435 points)
    Mar 9, 2006 6:10 PM (in response to Leigh-Ann)
    I'd try the filters on the raw clip, before you slow it down. It's probably some sort of radio interference
    G5 quad, 6 gigs, 2x500, nvidia 7800, 2x g-raid 500, etc, etc., Mac OS X (10.4.2), 4 other macs, various. 2 minute walk to the beach.
  • Brian Conner Level 6 Level 6 (16,020 points)
    Mar 9, 2006 6:27 PM (in response to Leigh-Ann)
    Do you have Soundtrack Pro? If you do, you could use the Stretch Tool to slow the audio down without any pitch change. Might help, might not.
    Quad-core G5 5GB RAM, Aja Io-LA, FCP 5.0.4, Mac OS X (10.4.4), Lots of toys
  • Brian Conner Level 6 Level 6 (16,020 points)
    Mar 9, 2006 6:57 PM (in response to Leigh-Ann)
    In Chapter 7, page 160 of the online manual, there's a little blurb about it.
    Quad-core G5 5GB RAM, Aja Io-LA, FCP 5.0.4, Mac OS X (10.4.4), Lots of toys

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.