Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happens to Keychain data when I move to iCloud?

what happens to Keychain data when I move to iCloud? Can I still access Keychain passwords?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 21, 2012 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2012 3:48 AM

Hi..

Nothing changes. And yes, you can still access keychain passwords in /Applications/Keychain Access.

4 replies

May 21, 2012 6:12 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks Carolyn,

And yes. Keychain does still work.

But why-oh-why do Apple have to give contradictory information yet again in the sign up process? It seems they just want to cover their arses so much that they would rather give out misleading information, that something might go wrong, just in case it does, than tell us everything will be OK & then if we lose data, we, (Americans with a penchant for litigation), are automatically going to sue thier bollocks off.

This happens so many times with pop-up warnings. I'm running two macs & an iphone and I very nearly didn't go for Lion & icloud and seriously considered going back to Windows. Only a chance conversation in an Apple store stopped me and made me persevere through the warnings.

Cheers,

Steve

what happens to Keychain data when I move to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.