Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Facetime does not work

My Ipad FACETIME does not work on IOS 5 fresh out of the box. I can see my FT partners , they cannot see me.

Connecting to Apple Support means endless wait for somebody to pick up " there are 15 customers ahead of you" , ( what is with this magical 15 customers? The number never changes!!) and when finally connected , I am walked through Itunes in a condescending manner ( "Yeah , do you see the menu bar on top of the screen?" -> Huh??? are they talking to blind people or what?) and asked to reset to factory settings , and when I advised that I already did so twice , asked to do it again... and here comes the kicker:

When I start resetting -> "This will take time. I'll give you a case number , when you finish, please call again for support if it does not work..." Feel like a bad apple , being handed from rubbish bin to rubbish bin. AND of course: After the THIRD factory reset , FACETIME still does not work. And call again and wait wait wait 25 minutes for somebody to pick up... to get the response: you have to go to the apple service center... My Foot !! stand in line and wait and wait??? No doubt the qeueu will be one mile long!

I feel cheated , cheated , cheated and deeply regret buying the IPAD3... My warning , don't buy it!!

Buy Samsung Galaxy Tab!!! Don't buy rotten Apples!

Posted on May 21, 2012 3:30 AM

7 replies

May 21, 2012 5:17 AM in response to alanfromnewtownards

Yeah, I responded in an Apple Survey, that FT doesn't work. And that I'll live with it, but felt CHEATED, because FT was one main reason I bought the IPAD. I already forgot the broken FT issue. But an Apple lady called & advised she would connect me to a "support" person, and after a hardware fault was established, APPLE would arrange to pick up the faulty IPad and DELIVER an new one to me.

Well, after the Apple "support" persuaded me to factory reset (Again AND for the THIRD time, ( what is the matter , doesn't Apple believe its customers who report a fault in a brand new IPAD? Why would I want to go through the iPad set up process again?) he smoothly handed me over to another "support" person with the case # 316152246, who told me that I would have to go to the nearest Apple repair center to AH HA , and of course to queue!!!!! ... I refuse to do so. First promise heaven and then let you waste valuable time queueuing up, and then wait weeks for a repair or replacement ......... My foot!!!

I am looking for a sucker to unload my broken iPad to or hope to get a refund from Apple, so I can buy a Samsung Glaxy Tab. Better lose money than time!! I am also spreading the word to all my friends who are deliberating between A & S.. to save them GRIEF and REGRET!

May 21, 2012 5:42 AM in response to ronrontan

ronrontan wrote:

"THIS DID NOT SOLVE MY QUESTION", why is there no box to tick for that option?

You are the one that checked the box for this "solved my question". Only the person that creates the original question can mark the answers as helpful or solved. So this one is your fault.

Apple will refund your money if you are within the 14 day refund period. Take the iPad back and get your money back. Sorry that you may have to stand in line - like the rest of us would have to do in a similar situation - but the world doesn't not revolve around you.

I'm also sorry that your iPad purchase did not work out. But be aware that there are millions of satisfied iPad users. My new iPad is spectacular. Not a hint of a problem with anything. Return it and move on.

Ipad Facetime does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.