Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update apps, errors 13 and 100

Hello,

I'm unable to update the applications I've purchased through the Mac App Store. I've tried numerous workarounds (listed below), but to no avail. I've got a MacBook Pro (early 2011) running Lion 10.7.4. When I initially click either the Update or Update All (I've got multiple apps needing updates), I get error 13 after entering my Apple ID and password. I'm prompted yet again for my password for each app (why?), but then I get error 100, saying that I need to try again later.

Here's what I've tried, which have not worked for me:

* Removing Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore

* Removing Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist

* Clearing cache and cookies from Safari, and restarting Safari

* iTunes workaround by d/l'ing a new app, then getting the T&C form doesn't apply: I don't get that form since I agreed to the latest version before this issue started.

* Removing the file in Library/Cookies/ pertaining to the App Store doesn't exist for me, so wouldn't apply

* Rebooting my machine

* Deleting an app from my machine (only tested with a free app I don't use often), then trying to Install it; this worked back with Lion 10.7.3, but no longer works with 10.7.4.

I saw another workaround which involved creating another user on one's machine, but that seems over the top to have to get Mac App Store updates to work again. Are there any other workarounds where I could update my apps?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on May 21, 2012 10:40 AM

10 replies

May 21, 2012 10:07 PM in response to sairuh

Aha, I have found the source of my problem. My <username-home>/Library/Cookies/ folder was read-only! Once I changed its permissions in the Get Info window to read+write, voilà, the Mac App Store was able to download the updates!

The issue was that the <username-home>/Library/Cookies/com.apple.appstore.plist would not get created. That I wasn't able to find/see it per my original post was a good hint. 🙂

Unable to update apps, errors 13 and 100

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.