Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I roll back to 10.7.3?

I've had multiple kernel panics since I updated to 10.7.4. I visited the Genius Bar yesterday and follwed their advice to do a reinstall of Lion. It reinstalled 10.7.4 and I've continued to have kernel panics. From looking through discussions, it appears to be an unresolved issue with 10.7.4 and the concensus is to roll back to 10.7.3. Can someone walk me through the process of doing so?

I do back up to a Time Machine/Capsule, which I actually suspect as being part of the problem...it doesn't seem to be working well since I updated to 10.7.4. However, it reports a back up from yesterday which would be before the reinstall but would still be 10.7.4. The strange thing is that is reports "none" for oldest backup and appears to do nothing when I click on 'enter time machine'.

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 21, 2012 12:31 PM

8 replies

May 22, 2012 9:04 AM in response to Barney-15E

I'm really over my head in all this. I looked in Console but don't see anything labeled Panic Log. Is that where it would be? Would it still be there even though I did a full restore from my time machine? I haven't had another one since I restored it and rolled back to 10.7.3. Although my software update did download 10.7.4, which makes me nervous. I have no intention of installing. Is there a way to remove it?

Thank you for any help!

May 23, 2012 9:13 PM in response to karynfromplano

karynfromplano wrote:

Apparently, the full backup after restore is normal.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1338

No, not on LIon it's not (that article is from Leopard).

The problem starts with the fact that when you erase a disk, it's treated as a different one, even if it has the same name. But effective with Snow Leopard, a full restore is supposed to leave a "trail" that the next backup can use to determine what happened, and only do an "incremental" backup of the changes.

You may be able to force Time Machine to "associate" the restored disk with the old backups, per #B6 in Time Machine - Troubleshooting. You'll need the procedure in the pink box there.

How do I roll back to 10.7.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.