Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video limitations in iOS apps?

I am a business owner that is interested in developing a game app that is heavily video (and audio) based. I need the expert opinion of the development gurus here to answer a few technical questions regarding this:

1. Are there limitations to the type or quantity of video in an app?

2. What is the most recommended video file types that will provide high quality yet be as small of a file type as possible? H.264? Mp4?

3. I would like to set up the app to use simple logic where to be successful a user would have to select a predetermined winning series of steps that get them through to complete the game successfully; or if the user makes poor choices would result in a randomly selected unsuccessful outcome video. My question is - would setting up a logic if/then type of structure allow me to control the cost and make more simple the development?

4. If all this is possible, why don't we see very many video based games/apps on the app store?

Any other insight you can provide is very welcome. Also, if you are an experienced developer that is possibly interested in taking on this project, we can talk about a contract arrangement.

Thanks,

Jeff B.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 21, 2012 1:08 PM

There are no replies.

Video limitations in iOS apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.