Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Edge Dent

I'll allow scratches but never dents.

Recently, just about when school had finally ended, I put my MBP, along with a lot of books, on a desk. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the desk wouldn't be strong enough to carry all that I put on it. It fell forward dropping everything on it to the ground. As I picked up everything, I noticed something different about my Mac. A noticeable dent. Now, I wasn't too sad because of this since it has a lot of scratches on it (which I didn't really mind). But dents? I just can't live with them.

It also scrapes the edge of my Mac resulting in some aluminum dust which I have to clean everytime I open my MBP.

I want to replace the top cover but I'm afraid I'm gonna mess up doing that since I've heard it's a long and difficult process. My warranty for it also ended meaning Apple can't do anything about it. I thought about using tools but my dad told me that using tools may mess up my Mac even more. What should I do?

Here are some pictures:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 21, 2012 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2012 4:41 PM

Have it repaired by a certified Apple technician. You can have that done at your local Apple retailer but being out of warranty you will have to pay for the repair which could be expensive.

If it's possible to repair it yourself then I would start at ifixit.com to find the parts and possibly a disassembly tutorial. Otherwise, you need to search Google.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2012 4:41 PM in response to berktellioglu

Have it repaired by a certified Apple technician. You can have that done at your local Apple retailer but being out of warranty you will have to pay for the repair which could be expensive.

If it's possible to repair it yourself then I would start at ifixit.com to find the parts and possibly a disassembly tutorial. Otherwise, you need to search Google.

May 21, 2012 4:59 PM in response to berktellioglu

I don't know that I would spend a huge amount of money fixing this. Once a machine has experienced this kind of trauma, anything can happen. I dropped a MacBook Pro and dented a corner, and just lived with it. The MBP continued working perfectly, but after about a month, it simply died. The logic board was damaged and needed replacing. Total repair costs would have been over $1,000. I opted to buy a new machine instead.

MacBook Pro Edge Dent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.