Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s will no shuffle songs but instead keeps repeating whatever one starts playing first. How do I fix this?

Recently my iphone 4s will not shuffle songs. I go to songs and then click shuffle and it randomly picks a song, but instead of shuffling to another random song when it is done it repeats the song over and over. What do I do to fix this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 21, 2012 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2012 6:32 PM

You must have repeat turned on. To turn it off, while the song is playing, tap the cover art to reveal the additional controls (see photo below). Then tap Repeat until it turns white (white is off, blue is on).

User uploaded file

6 replies

Jan 6, 2013 8:59 PM in response to angiemac77

In the meantime, try force-closing the Music app as follows: from the home screen, double-tap the home button, locate Music in the list at the bottom, tap and hold it until it wiggles, tap ➖ to close it, then tap the home button again. Then reopen Music, play a song, tap the screen (cover art) and see if the controls are visible now.

iphone 4s will no shuffle songs but instead keeps repeating whatever one starts playing first. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.