Skip navigation

Help me create a Raid 1 storage pool

416 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2012 8:32 PM by BDAqua RSS
davidcur Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 21, 2012 8:55 PM

Hi all

I just bought 2 brand new 2 tb Hitachi 7200 rpm hard drives. I want to create a Raid 1 storage pool to store Hd and standard def video as my new imac only has 500 Gb and is filling up fast. I have 2 spare computers available. The first is the G5. it is a dual 2.0 with 6 Gb of memory.It has 2 hard drive slots. If i use it I dont have Leopard discs available but i do have a working clone available on an external firewire drive. I dont care about power usage as it will only be on when adding data. It uses SATA drives natively so it is easy. I would like a clean install of leopard but no discs. I have my Tiger discs. Is there any disadvantage to using Tiger?    

I also have my MDD G4 867. It is running Tiger. It uses PATA discs so i would need a SATA card to use the drives. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6), White macbook --- lost discs

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.