Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-Purchase

I am trying to re-download or purchase songs that I purchased from Itunes before my computer and Ipod got stolen. They were not backed up. I am aware I cannot get a freebee but Itunes store is not let me take any other action. It is just listing my selections as purchased. Thoughts??

Posted on May 21, 2012 10:49 PM

3 replies

May 22, 2012 7:30 AM in response to bex1029

Can you redownload the tracks from the Purchased section of the iTunes Store?

To download previously purchased apps, books, music, movies, or TV shows to your computer

Note: Downloading of previously purchased movies is available in the United States only.

1. Open iTunes 10.6 or later on your computer. (You can download the latest version of iTunes here.)

2. If you're not already signed in, click Sign In, and enter your Apple ID and password.

3. After you've signed in, click Purchased on the right side in the iTunes Store under the QUICK LINKS section.

User uploaded file

4. From your Purchased page, click the tab for the content type you're looking for (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books).

5. Click Songs or Albums to change the page view and All or "Not in My Library" to view your purchased content that currently is not downloaded on your computer.

6. Click the download icon to the right of each item to download that item.

Notes:

To download previous purchases on a computer, your computer must be authorized for the Apple ID that was used for the original purchase. For more information about iTunes Store authorization and deauthorization see, this article.

If they are offered for purchase in 1080p, you can download previously purchased 720p HD TV shows and movies in 1080p. Learn more about downloading in 1080p.

Previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer on the iTunes Store. Downloading previously purchased movies and TV shows requires iTunes 10.6 or later.

(from Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store)

Re-Purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.