Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod wont connect with Itunes or my computer

My Ipod touch is charging through my computer, but it's not being seen by Itunes, or by my device manager on my computer itself.

I've tried the troubleshooting suggestions mentioned here... but maybe I missed one... can anyone help?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 21, 2012 11:42 PM

5 replies

Apr 4, 2014 2:24 AM in response to Eastside14

I'm also having this problem but it seems only to have occurred once I introduced my iPad Mini to iTunes (this may have been coincidental of course!). The cable I'm using is the one which came with my iPod Touch version 4.2.1 (bought on the 23rd of July 2010) and the cable still charges the iPod as it always has. I don't have the luxury of being able to try logging in to iTunes on any other computer but I've tried absolutely everything that has been suggested in the support pages. I really want to delete some of the music from this iPod but I think I need to be able to sync with iTunes to do so. Is it just that my 3 year old iPod is just too old for the latest version of iTunes?

Any suggestions would be most gratefully accepted. 😕

My Ipod wont connect with Itunes or my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.