Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

viber contacts

hi guys! anyone knows on how to delete viber contacts without deleting it on my iphone contacts?

thank you so much in advance for your reply 🙂

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 22, 2012 4:44 AM

6 replies

Jun 4, 2012 12:48 AM in response to orangelady

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D team.

To delete a Viber contact please go to your Viber contact list, choose the contact you wish to delete, click on 'Edit' on the top right corner, scroll down to the bottom and click 'Delete'.

Please let us know if you have any othe questions.

You can follow our Facebook and Twitter pages for updates.

Thanks,

Viber team

Nov 15, 2012 10:14 AM in response to Dnutella

@Dnutella -

Viber synchronizes with your iPhone's contact list, regardless of where the contacts were imported from (Facebook, Gmail, Outlook, etc...)

However, in Viber, we recommend that you use the "Viber" tab inside the contacts page. It will only show you the contacts who have Viber installed, and so it doesn't matter what other contacts there are in your original contact list 😉

Dec 21, 2012 8:02 PM in response to theViberTeam

So, you can't delete a contact from the viber list only, as it is actually the iPhone contact list?

I tried to remove a contact from my viber contacts within the viber app and it deleted the contact from both viber and my iPhone contacts.

I have contacts in my phone which I have zero interest in contacting through viber (work colleagues) so would prefer to not have them in the viber contacts. But there doesn't seem to be way to leave them in my iPhone contacts but delete them from viber. Correct??

Peter.

Dec 23, 2012 11:32 AM in response to Peterlip

hi Peter,

You're right - at the moment the Viber contact list and your iPhone's contact list are completely synchronized, and so they contain the exact same list at any given point.

Meanwhile, we invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion. The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality 🙂

You can find it here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/9/have-an-idea-f or-a-new-feature

viber contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.